Medical VR and AR – Talks and Panels
|8:00 -8:45 am||Check-in|
|9:00-9:30 am||Surgical Planning and Navigation||Sabine Girod, MD, DDS, PhD
Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and, by courtesy, of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. Stanford University
|9:30 - 10:00 am||Augmented reality for robot-assisted surgery||Anthony Jarc, Ph.D.
Manager of Research and Data Science at Intuitive Surgical
|10:00-10:30 am||Advances in Haptics for Medical Applications — From Surgery to Rehabilitation||Allison Okamura, Ph.D.
Professor in Mechanical Engineering at Stanford University
|10:30 - 10:50 am||Coffee break|
|10:50 - 11:20 am||Enhancing and augmenting human perception with sensors and artificial intelligence technologies||Achin Bhowmik, Ph.D.
CTO and EVP at Starkey Hearing Technologies
|11:20-12-20 pm||anel: The Bleeding Edge of Medical AR & VR: Perspectives of early physician adopters using AR & VR in their practice.||Moderators:
Bruce Daniel, MD, Professor of Radiology, Stanford University
Brian Hargreaves Ph.D. Professor of Radiology, Stanford University
|- Neurosurgical planning using VR|
- MR-guided lumpectomy
- Stanford Virtual Heart - educating physicians, patients and families about complex congenital heart defects using VR
- Chariot - Using VR to improve patient experiences during medical procedures
- Gary Steinberg MD, Ph.D. Professor and Chair of Neurosurgery, Stanford University
- Amanda Wheeler MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, Stanford University
- David Axelrod MD, Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Stanford University
- Tom Caruso MD, M.Ed. Clinical Assistant Professor of Anesthesia, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Stanford University
- Sam Rodriguez MD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Anesthesia, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Stanford University
|12:20 - 1:30 pm||Lunch provided|
|1:30 - 2:30 pm||Panel: VR/AR for Surgery and Medical Education||Moderator: Ed Chang, Ph.D.
President of HTC Research and Healthcare
- Moty Avisar, MSE, MBA, Co-Founder and CEO of Surgical Theater
- Justin Barad, MD, Co-Founder and CEO of OssoVR
- Andinet Enquobahrie, Ph.D., MBA, Director of Medical Imaging, Kitware
- Josh Richmond, MS, Senior Director of Engineering, Synaptive Medical
|2:30 - 3:00 pm||The Dramatic Impact of VR / AR technology on Mental and Behavioral Health||Walter Greenleaf, Ph.D.
Visiting Scholar at Stanford’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab
|3:00 - 3:30 pm||Demo Highlights|
|3:30 - 6:00 pm||Interactive Demo Session||Curated by Lily Achatz, Executive Producer at Light Field Interactive|